Wednesday, April 18, 2012

{AA in Thailand} Daily Reflections APRIL 18

 APRIL 18
SELF-HONESTY 
The deception of others is nearly always rooted in the
deception of ourselves. . . . When we are honest with
another person, it confirms that we have been honest with
ourselves and with God. 
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 17 

When I was drinking, I deceived myself about reality,
rewriting it to what I wanted it to be. Deceiving others is a
character defect—even if it is just stretching the truth a bit
or cleaning up my motives so others would think well of
me. My Higher Power can remove this character defect, but
first I have to help myself become willing to receive that
help by not practicing deception. I need to remember each
day that deceiving myself about myself is setting myself up
for failure or disappointment in life and in Alcoholics
Anonymous. A close, honest relationship with a Higher
Power is the only solid foundation I've found for honesty
with self and with others. 

--
AA in Thailand
Friends of Bill W
aainthailand@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Lying, cheating and stealing and all deceptions by whatever name known feed and fuel the devilish part of denial and boomeranged on me to keep the prison doors of addiction locked tight for many years.
    They were creaked open a wee bit when I was permitted to have the final "Do it your way" to the bitter end. That's when the clairvoyant voice in my head rang like a clarion bell, "This just doesn't seem like it's working out".
    From this the once again attempt of sobriety sprang but this time it seemed to me truth was met at every turn and the outcome was and is continuous sobriety.
    I'm Harry, grateful alcoholic. – Georgia, USA.

    ReplyDelete