Friday, April 20, 2012

{AA in Thailand} Daily Reflections APRIL 20

APRIL 20
SELF-EXAMINATION 
. . . we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking
that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking
motives. 
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 86 

When said sincerely, this prayer teaches me to be truly
unselfish and humble, for even in doing good deeds I often
used to seek approval and glory for myself. By examining
my motives in all that I do, I can be of service to God and
others, helping them do what they want to do. When I put
God in charge of my thinking, much needless worry is
eliminated and I believe He guides me throughout the day.
When I eliminate thoughts of self-pity, dishonesty and selfcenteredness
as soon as they enter my mind, I find peace with God, my neighbor
and myself. 

--
AA in Thailand
Friends of Bill W
aainthailand@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Some things which seem onerous and heavy are quite often recognized quickly and sometimes much later as extraordinary gifts from some unexplained source.
    They may be met with an immediate "Wow".
    Later they may be exclaimed as awesome.
    When I came across this summation in our Big Book that selfishness, self-centeredness is the root of all our problems it was a "Wow Moment".
    I thought alcohol was the root of all my problems.
    Wisdom said it was only a symptom, a manifestation.
    What a relief!
    So what to do?
    First is examination!
    Examine self; be prepared to face ego; ego the part of personality or character which always wishes to ease God out, (EGO).
    Don't go into this area alone; pray and have a sponsor.
    I would hate to think that the time to leave this life would come without this penultimate process.
    I'm Harry, grateful alcoholic. – Georgia, USA.

    ReplyDelete